your classic kiwi camping ground
welcome to marahau beach camp
Your classic kiwi camping ground right in the Abel Tasman Village only metres from the wonderful Marahau beach. Set in peaceful surroundings among mature trees, Marahau Beach Camp offers campsites, cabins and a backpacker lodge. We also have a waterfront cafe and beer garden serving outstanding craft beer and wine, incredible coffee and cuisine that utilizes the freshest local produce we can lay our hands on.
Spend your days walking, kayaking or simply lying on a golden-sand beach in New Zealand’s most popular national park, then come back to the Beach Camp for some well deserved relaxation!
• Shop open daily from 8am – 6.00pm
• Free Wifi is available for camp guests
• Pets are welcome on your campsite between the 1st of Feb and the 15th of December as long as they are under control and cleaned up after. Pets are not permitted in cabins or the backpacker lodge.
• Check out time is 10.00am
• 55 powered campsites: Site sizes vary between 80m2 to 50m2 in the main part of the camp and are as small as 36m2 in the non-powered ‘tent city’ area. This area is for small tents only and does not accommodate large tents or vehicle parking. We do have some offsite parking for boats and additional vehicles. Sites are allocated from December to March and are subject to change.
• 5 comfortable and compact cabins
• Fully contained backpacker lodge
• Central amenities block
• Showers take $1.00 coins for 4 minutes of hot water
• Laundry is $4.00 per wash and includes soap
• Dryers are $4.00
• Waste water dump
Marahau Beach Camp has 55 powered sites for tents, campervans and caravans. Set among mature trees, the sites are well proportioned and are all close to the central amenities block.
The amenities block, including all bathrooms and the kitchen area was completely refurbished in 2016. The communal kitchen is spacious and is equipped with basic cooking equipment and refrigerators. The hot water for showers is coin activated, at a cost of $1 for 4 minutes. The laundry room has commercial-grade washing machines and clothes dryers, which are also coin-activated.
Marahau Beach Camp has 5 cabins available for booking throughout the year. These comfortable, compact, one-roomed spaces sleep up to 5 people on a combination of double and single bunk beds. All cabins have their own kitchen with utensils, a hob, tea and coffee making facilities, a refrigerator and a dining table. Bed linen is provided. Bathroom facilities are shared.
The Marahau Beach Camp Backpacker Lodge is a standalone, fully contained lodge. It has one private double room and two dorm rooms that sleep 5 and 8 people. The private double room is accessed via the 8 bed dorm room. The Lodge has shared bathrooms, a laundry, a fully equipped kitchen, plus dining and lounge areas, a TV and a BBQ. Bed Linen is provided.
The Backpacker Lodge is also available for sole occupancy bookings. It’s ideal for large family or small school groups. Sleeps up to 15.